Header/Navigation Bar

Sunday, July 17, 2011

Day 17....

When the school bell rang for the last time back in June....the summer held so much "Art" promise....I imagined days and days and days of uninterrupted art time, because, well, what else would I do with my vacation time...
I signed up for a "few" online classes, and realized that I was quickly in way over my head...because, that uninterrupted art time was such a fantasy...you see, I have little people around here...with very big agendas...and it seems every single day, we are in the car, heading somewhere....jeez...I wish there were two of me....

Also, as you might imagine...all this art play that I have been doing has left my studio space, well...lets just say, it's TRASHED!!! Really, really bad! Out of my entire studio space, I have about a work space the size of a postage stamp to work on....and a tiny path that can get me to my table....it is horrible!! My dear friend Paper Pumpkin and I had ourselves a good laugh today and decided we would do something about it....so, I will also begin a major cleanup project in there as well...wish me luck on that one!!!
Until next time,
Ophelia

4 comments:

Unknown said...

I love your journal page! Very pretty and full of whimsy. Life never seems to work out the way we plan. Just have to go with the flow and squeeze in "me" time when possible.

Cleaning our creative space is never very much fun but it feels great to sit down to a clean table and get started making another mess. lol
xo

Bren Graham Thebeau said...

Day 17! That's impressive. Although I paint every day that my health will let me, I've never set a goal to do so. I think if I did everything inside me would rise up in rebellion :-) Life has a way of messing with our plans doesn't it, love your creations and admire your goals.

Jenny Petricek said...

I can definitely relate to the feeling that there's never enough time in the summer to do what you want to do! I'm working two part-time jobs, and my stepson is involved in a lot of summer sports and activities, so I've struggled to fit in "me" time and art time!

Love the journal page...it captures your feelings well!

thekathrynwheel said...

Ha ha! This made me laugh because this is exactly what happens to me. I too think that I will have weeks and weeks of art time in the school holidays but the reality is very different when you have young-ish children to entertain! Still, it looks like you have managed quite a bit of art time during your time off school and have made some fabulous pages :-)

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...