Header/Navigation Bar

Friday, January 1, 2010

Happy New Year!!


Oh, I just love the joy of the New Year....the excitement of a fresh start! Do you?
It is so refreshing to know that today...or any day for that matter, is a new beginning...a clean slate....now, to make the most of it!!!

I spent last night surfing blogland....and having a little New Years Eve party with the family. You just gotta love getting lost in Blogland!! And I did. I searched, read, laughed, and searched some more for HOURS! You just get lost in it all...and I just love it.
I came upon the website of Carmen Torbus. I visit the site often, but I don't know what it was this time that struck me with this visit...
I have wanted to work differently for quite some time now...not necessarily differently, but just out of my journal...and I got some canvases from Santa this year, so I thought, why not??? And I did!!
I signed up for her online workshop and OH MY GOSH!!!!! Oh my gosh, oh my gosh, oh my gosh!!!
I have only watched lessons 1 and 2....and this is what I have done so far....
Have I said OH MY GOSH!!!
This workshop is so incredible....and I can only imagine what awaits me in the other lessons!! Carmen's excitement is contagious!!!! She is just incredible...and, well, although I am not close to being done with this.....I learned so much already....one thing of importance was just to let go, have fun, and get messy!!! You gotta love that.
The workshop has been open since October....and the signups will close this weekend...Thank Goodness for Blog surfing last night. I would have honestly been sick if I would have missed this!
Soooooo....RUN!!!! You totally will not be sorry!!!
What a great way to start out my new year.....making art!!!
Until next time,

Ophelia

3 comments:

aimee said...

Great to meet you! I'm so excited to hear that you are taking Carmen's workshop, too - it is fabulous and so is she! Happy New Year :)

femminismo said...

Thanks for visiting my blog, and leaving a comment! Your journal pages are wonders. I love the quote "The Journey Awakens the Soul." Congrats on turning 40. Been there and it is a watershed year. Enjoy your power - and you are a smart one to be thinking of retirement. It comes way too soon. Have fun with your new class. - Jeanne in Oregon

Ruby Claire said...

Ohh your creation looks gorgeous! I'm off to check out her site! By the sounds of it, it sounds awesome! :) Thanks for sharing!
I hope you had a wonderful new year! Thanks so much for the comments on my blog! x

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...