Header/Navigation Bar

Tuesday, July 3, 2012

My apologies....

Happy Tuesday everyone....
I have to start todays post with an apology for once again being MIA...
And this time, I was truly out of my mind missing...  See this little sweet girl.  She is my 3 year old niece Anna.  Anna came to visit us for a week....HOLY SMOKES BATMAN...I forgot just how busy 3 years olds were.

Lets just say she came, saw, and conquered!  Two speeds this gal has....HIGH, and OFF!  She was full speed ahead from the time she woke up in the mornings until she went to bed at night....
With Ms. Anna around, I did not walk into my studio not one time....nope, not one speck of paint to any brush, not one thing...One full week of no art makes a girl get out of practice....and when she was safely delivered back to South Carolina, I was exhausted...seriously, exhausted...like aching bones exhausted....and of course, I was left with no mojo....
I'm working here in a new journal....for some samples to send to my friend Patti using Prima Acrylic Paints.    I have given myself a deadline of Friday to get this done and out of here, so we will see what happens...

I also have to get another journal done and out as a sample for an art studio in Durham where I will be teaching this fall....so much to do yet, my muse has decided that she wants a vacation.....oh please hurry back....please....
I hope to see you guys soon....oh, I know I will....I will be back with more studio updates....this time, I promise to post more frequently....
Until next time,
Ophelia

3 comments:

Carolyn Dube said...

She is adorable! So glad my kids are older now- you reminded me of how tired I was when they were little! Love your journal page!

Anonymous said...

She's so cute, Ophelia! I used to teach dance to kids that age (in another lifetime, it seems), and I loved their energy and creativity. Sometimes a muse does need its vacation - to come back renewed, powerful, and spilling with ideas.

Melanie Statnick said...

WOW I 'm with you . I dont want to do 3 all over again. I'm sort of fitting little studio time in while my son is out of school. I'm doing good. Need to get togather again! I love your Orange page

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...