Header/Navigation Bar

Wednesday, July 18, 2012

I'm Finally Back....

In my studio....it seems like such a long time that I have been away....It was great, truly great to be with my family this past week, but I am oh so glad to finally be back at home.  I came home late Monday, and I was able to get to my studio early Tuesday morning....and, look at the mess I encountered....
 Yes, those are new watercolors that arrived, and I will be playing with those soon....not even sure of why I needed them, but...you know my love of watercolors...right???
Even these new--to me--Peerless Watercolors.... oh yeah...these colors are just plain yum....Butterfly Wing Blue....need I say more.....
 And, well, on my easel....I started this a few weeks ago...not even sure of what it is, or where its going...gosh, I wish working on a canvas came easy to me....like just flowing....and mine just don't....I will get there though....
So, today, I will get to work in my studio.....I was once told that when there is something going on with your mind/emotions, to do something physical/body....so, my play for today is to get up there and clean....plunder.  I truly enjoy being in my studio.  I just feel like its so full of possibilites, but I need to get things clean and organized so that I can work more smoothly than I am right now.  I have a pretty large space, but, its quite cluttered...and I need to figure out a way to organize my tables so that I'm not constantly getting up and going around to the other side...if that makes any sense.  Once I get it together up there, I will post some pics....ummm...I guess I need someone to hold me accountable, or it will never happen, so we will see how it goes.
Enjoy your day everyone.
Until next time,
Ophelia







6 comments:

Melanie Statnick said...

So happy your able to play with all your colors!! xo

Kathryn Zbrzezny said...

Ummmmm, we tried holding one another accountable last summer, remember? Hmmmm, on my end it didn't work out too well! I think I used my daughter's wedding as an excuse to never clean. Good luck with that! Ha! More importantly, have some watercolor fun with Butterfly Wing Blue! Peace to you, my sweet, sweet friend. Kath

espenavarro said...

Wooh, i like very, very much!

Bren Graham Thebeau said...

Look at all those inks, yummy. good to have you back in the studio, that canvas is looking good

Introverted Art said...

Ophelia, I am dying to see how the new watercolors are going to look on paper. I love watercolors as well. I just invested on something called a Boga Board that allows you to stretch the paper in a much simpler way. Can't wait for it to get here and test it. I really want to see what your watercolors will look like.

alteredstatesstudio said...

i am so glad to see that someone else's studio gets like that- i was thinking it was only me! so glad you stopped by my blog- thank you so much for the kind words! much appreciated! i am liking it here as well- all your watercolors and inks! looks like a ton of fun and i want to come and play! i will be anxious to see how you do decluttering...maybe it will inspire me to declutter too!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...