Header/Navigation Bar

Saturday, July 21, 2012

A Little Creation....

Good Saturday Morning....
I hope that your day is off to a great start.....
In my last post, I spoke about getting some new watercolors....These are Peerless Watercolors...sheets of paper that are infused with watercolor paints.....so, I made them portable....


I cut 1 inch strips and glued them into a piece of 300lb watercolor paper that was cut the size of my journal.....



I left space beside each one so that I could paint out what color they were.....

Not a great picture, but here is what the little travel swatchbook looks like, and fits in my journal.  I use my waterbrush with them, and away I go.....LOVE them.  The colors are just so great!!!

And here is where I swatched out all the colors in my sketchbook....PLEASE don't even look at the drawing...sigh...I have a lot of practice to do in that department...

Now, for some HELP!!!  I have been staring at this painting for a while now....remember my teacher said that it would speak to me....well, it hasn't.  I remember reading on Bren's blog - eSynergy- that at first you are in the messy stage...but I honestly don't know of where to go....


So, I tried to flip it....still nothing.....  I truly wish that this would come easier....truly I do....

I guess I will just stare at it some more....huh!
Until next time,
Ophelia

8 comments:

Melanie Statnick said...

Great Idea!! I'm happy your doing well and back into the studio

Introverted Art said...

Ophelia, what a great idea. I had never known about sheets of watercolor paint ;-) great way to bring them with you.

alteredstatesstudio said...

the watercolor sheets are so cool! have not seen those....will have to look for them. and your painting- it is a great start! another artist told me to put the painting that is "cooking" somewhere where you don't think so much about it- like in the kitchen. that way when you turn around and your mind is so focused on trying to get your supper fixed and NOT thinking about your painting, you are more able to see what your painting may need to finish it.

Cathie said...

You've got so much cool stuff sister - I want some!

Rocky Cross Studio said...

This is so crazy I went to Jerry's Saturday and Stephanie was doing a demo and we got to talking, she asked me what was new with me and I told her about the Peerless watercolors, she mention you, we've talked a couple of times at Jerry's and the big sale at the Hilton. Anyway these are so cool and great to travel with!!!

Bren Graham Thebeau said...

Good to see you back at it with all your lovely paints! I'm really liking the flow of the piece your working on, especially when you flipped it. There's nothing wrong with letting a work sit for as long as it takes, I've had some sit for months before it hit me what I needed to do to finish it out.

halohill.blogspot.com said...

Absolutely gorge!

Sheila in Oregon

halohill.blogspot.com said...

Absolutely gorge!

Sheila in Oregon

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...