Header/Navigation Bar

Monday, July 28, 2014

Working through the Ugly...

Happy Monday, Blog Friends....
Have you ever started a painting or journal page, and find - quickly - that it is not turning out the way you intended?  Oh, how I have stumbled on this quite a bit lately.....so...I add more, smear, smoosh, highlight, ink, splatter...and everything just gets uglier, and uglier...thats where I am now with this....so, what do you do when this happens??
I ususally end up quitting....tucking the canvas away, or flipping the page and starting on with something else....sometimes, just out of pure frustration, I walk away - and then mistake the whole feeling for being in a slump,,,when I really just don't know what to do with it...
And...then there are the tims, where I just keep going - right on through that ugly phase that my work takes on...and, I end up with something that I never thought I had in me..
I end up creating something that I actually truly like.....
Until next time,



5 comments:

Mary said...

You know, most of my favorite pieces went through just this...

working through the ugly...

K J D said...

I know this feeling well. I quite like the 'ugly phase' if I manage not to despair and walk away, because that is when the magic happens :)

You stop trying too hard I think.

Love what you did!

Karen x

SCarol said...

Yes! It happens all the time :( Often I leave it and come back to it. Sometimes I start again. It all depends :) Actually I really like your first page with that lovely vibrant blue and fun flower.

PiaRom said...

I can´t find no ugliness on each of your pieces here!!! They are delightfull and beautiful! The second is truely amazing, thats for sure :) and yes I have to go through these stages quite often :) ♥ Conny
Piaroms Art Journaling

Norma Soulet (AZArtist) said...

Hi Ophelia,
Hope you are doing well.
Sorry I have been absent from your blog. I was having issues with Google for 7 months and finally thanks to my daughter and I am back ! :)
I really like the way it started! I love funky and bright art. :)
But your final piece is great too. :)
Hope you visit my blog when you get a chance.
Hugs

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...