Header/Navigation Bar

Saturday, April 24, 2010

Letting them GO.....

I am certain this has been said before...but honest, where does the time go? I can't believe that its that time for me...though.
On Tuesday, I registered my daughter for Kindergarten....I CAN'T Believe it myself!!!
And, that 4 pounder that I had 10 years ago...will be heading off to MIDDLE SCHOOL! So, in the same day, I let them each go in different directions...Look out world! Talk about Bittersweet!

Its so hard to watch them grow and become their own. I remember being so sad realizing that they no longer needed me....to hold their heads anymore....or carry them because they learned to walk...simple things that are all a part of just letting them go...
And...the girl (our homerun hitter) will set this world on fire! She will kick down the doors of her elementary school and announce that she is here....while the boy will quietly take his place amongst his middle school peers and be brilliant in his own way...I am amazed at how different they truly are, and I'm so excited for who they will become.
Until next time,
Ophelia

10 comments:

Nathalie G. said...

It's like yesterday my children were born, time flies indeed

Linda Teddlie Minton said...

Oh my goodness ... is it really possible? It's hard to let them go ... but hopefully you will use this bit of extra time to pursue your art! Missing you, my friend ...

Terri Kahrs said...

Having raised four kids, I can totally relate to your growing pangs. Giving wings to our children is sooo hard! Just keep on surrounding them with LOTS of love. They grow up way to quickly! Thanks so much for your blog visit and your sweet comment. I'm so happy you stopped by! Hugs, Terri

Weathered & Worn said...

They grow up so fast, my girls are both grown and have familys of their own. Now we have many Grand Babies which we love, so one day you'll watch some more little ones grow. You'll enjoy some time for you as they continue to get their wings... enjoy!

LR said...

i can't imagine what i am going to feel when that time comes. my son is 2 1/2 now and trying to enjoy every minute of his wonder. i like how you document this time through this beautiful page.

Mary S. Hunt said...

great page!~~ expressing the same thing we all go through...time flies hunh

Linda Vincent said...

A very special journal page...really lovely :-)

Cathie said...

Beautifully said. Heartfully felt. I too have experienced these same feelings. Bittersweet, indeed.

.Trudi Sissons said...

Wow - you play a familiar chord in any mom's heart with this post Ophelia. They are only young for such a brief little time it seems...I would love to have those precious moments back even for a day. I think it's why most women can hardly wait to have grandchildren. Lovely post.

Kris Dickinson said...

I love this beautiful piece! Thanks for visiting my blog and for you nice comments. - Kris

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...