Header/Navigation Bar

Monday, October 26, 2009

Is it Monday Already??

Where oh where did the weekend go!! So much to do, and so little time it seems. Friday afternoon holds so much potential for me it seems, where I think that I can conquer the world...or at least my ever growing to do list...and then in the blink of an eye, its Monday morning... (sigh).

I did get a wee bit of art accomplished, not a whole lot though. Our Saturday was filled with football, and we suffered a muddy, cold, and rainy defeat....the boys had the best time ever though doing mud slides...but I was soaked and frozen to my bones after sitting out in the rain for HOURS!!


With the fury of activity that is always going on around here...I learned a valuable lesson. I learned that I am for one a person of excuses...too busy, not enough time, too tired, my kids are not dressed well, I'm not dressed well enough...you know the list, and I usually let that list of excuses keep me from doing things that I know will eventually push me forward. I think part of the reason that I am always sitting on the sidelines watching other people succeed at what they do is that I let my excuses drive my life....I am learning though, to do things in spite of....I'm too tired...just do it anyway...
On Friday night, it seemed that everyone of my excuses were lined up to jump in and stop me from attending an event that I was invited to join. My husband was called out which left me with both kids...getting dinner, redressing, rushing home after work....the list could go on... but I made it happen, in spite of the circumstances, and I was amazed at the outcome. AMAZED. Had I let the list of excuses keep me at home, I would have missed out on some wonderful opportunities...and I stood there realizing that when you do things in spite of....it really does get you in the game. People that are making things happen for them are also busy, tired, rushed....but they do it anyway...so why not me...
Until next time,
Ophelia

1 comment:

Mary S. Hunt said...

lol
yep i have those excuses too...
and where does the time go!
just too fast...

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...