Header/Navigation Bar

Monday, July 25, 2016

Wandering...and Lost.

Good Morning blog friends.  When I sat to write this post, I was reminded of a stamp I have from Tim Holtz...Not All Who Wander Are Lost.  Lately, I have been feeling opposite.
My mom passed away on May 19th...and I have just been lost.  When I returned home from her service, I honestly thought I would find all of the comfort I needed in my studio....nope...dry!  For days, I would show up...and nothing.
I tried...and hated everything.
So....I started gutting my studio...
I cleared things out for weeks on end.  
When my mom was in the hospital last, I was just in awe at how amazing her nurses were.  I spent two weeks there with my mom before she passed away, and I thought that they deserved something very special for how they genuinely cared for and about my mom...
I have not made a quilt in 11 years...yes...11, when my daughter was born.  So, I switched my studio around to make space again for this guy...
...and 1st nurse quilt is almost done...I have a few more nurse quilts and 2 for her oncologists.  They were all just amazing!
I still need to put the borders on it, but...I'm quite happy with my first attempt!!
I still have space for my painting and journaling...
Seee...nothing!!!  I will keep at it though.
Until next time,

7 comments:

Linda Teddlie Minton said...

Oh dear Ophelia, I'm so sorry to read of the loss of your Mom. Thank you for posting her picture, I see where you got your beautiful smile.

You quilt is absolutely wonderful, I love the artfully wonky piecing, it is so "You"! I also love the painting at the top of the post, which is really beautiful.

Keep on truckin', my friend ... some day we will meet again, I'm sure of it!

love & hugs to you.

kjb said...

My sincere condolences. Such a beautiful quilt. Don't give up, your creative juices will start to flow again.

keeva@bermuda

Unknown said...

Sorry to hear of your loss, but this is a lovely tribute and way to bring new life through your art.

cindyolson said...

I am so sorry to hear about your mother. Your art is a beautiful way to keep her spirit alive. Being a nurse, I know the nurses will appreciate your kindness.

K J D said...

That is such sad news.... art is a great healer but I do think you need time to go through the stages of grief and it's not a surprise you feel lost. You've had your mum your whole life and now you need to adjust.... she looks like a wonderful lady.

The quilt you made is beautiful and I am sure they will all be hugely appreciated. You will get your mojo back... just keep on turning up and splashing about a bit of paint - you don't have to 'make' anything.

I'm thinking of you and sending you lots of love

Karen xxxxxxxxx

Terri Corona said...

So sad to hear your news, and so generous of you to be making the quilts, and hopefully somewhat healing for you as well. Give your muse some time!

Šolanje na domu-Waldorf said...

I'm so sorry for your mom. Hope you find comfort in your art again.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...