Header/Navigation Bar

Friday, August 20, 2010

I've Been Away...

Hi Blog Friends...
I am so sorry that I let so much time get away between my posts. All good things must come to an end and well, summer vacation is over, and I'm back at work.
I did sneak in a bit of a getaway....

I am completely a beach lover, but this year, we decided to try something a bit different and head to the mountains...oh, how refreshing it was. Something about the solitude and fresh air that sucks me in and makes me want to stay. A great time was had by all.
With that being said, I did pack my art supplies, and never even got them out of the car...so, there is no art to report...I am hoping that will change real soon.
I wanted to thank you all so much just for being my blog family who never gives up on me...even when I take off for weeks!!!!
Much, much love to you all.....and Mary thanks so much for checking in on me....I was thinking about you, and then, I got your message....I just love you all!!!!!
Until next time,
Ophelia

8 comments:

Kathryn Zbrzezny said...

So happy you had a great, relaxing vacation in the Mts. Summer goes fast...~K

Lori Saul said...

I was just thinking about you the other day and had missed seeing your work- so glad to hear you had a great vacation. I only had 5 days this summer and had to drive over 1200 miles - so not much rest. But it is good to have a change of pace. Glad you are back and look forward to some more of your lovely art!

Lisa said...

Everyone needs time away - don't ever apologize for that. We'll all still be waiting here. By the way, don't forget to get your "package" from Christina this weekend.

Mary said...

Aren't the mountains glorious!
I love the beach, the magnificence and beauty of the ocean, listening to the sound of the waves, but I am a mountain kind of a girl!! They refresh me as no other. I love the smell. So glad you got a last refreshment, re-charge in before school began.

Blessings and hugs!

Mary S. Hunt said...

you're baaack!
moutains are a refreshing adventure
good for you taking that change
too bad the summer went so fast for you!
you should feel all spiffy and ready to enrich those minds
:)
hunh!

red-handed said...

Alain de Botton has a great book on travel, where he talks specifically on the beauty of the sublime (read: the mountains).

lori vliegen said...

welcome back! i'm glad you had a great time in the mountains!! xox, :))

Michelle said...

Welcome back! Will we see you this Saturday for the screening of "Who Does She Think She Is?" at Chavis? It's from 3 to 7, and tickets are on sale online: http://www.brownpapertickets.com/event/119247. 'Hope you can make it...we miss you!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...