I have decided that I will address this "Who I Am" issue in a special journal....it will be my Soul Quest. I think thats what I will call it....stay tuned though, it may change. But, on the Soul Quest, I will dig deeper into just who I am....not just the who, but, really the WHO....what my passions are.....my dreams....those things.
You may want to join me on this quest. If so, email me and let me know. I'd love to see what others will do with the same prompts that I have already been thinking about. And, I did a page already with some of the questions that I hope to address....
I will attempt to journal weekly about some of the things that I want to discover about me....just getting some things out as I get closer to the BIG 40. Kind of like a self check, I guess. (There are so many things yet to be checked off of my "list of things to do before I die")
Supplies You'll Need:
1. A blank journal or sketchbook or an old book...not the one with shiny pages though.
3. Paints - my favorites are Golden and Matisse...use what you have on hand though.
4. Your favorite alphabet stamps and other rubberstamps that you might enjoy using. Anything else that you can find to stamp with such as wine bottle corks, tiny plastic cups, paint scrappers, etc.
5. Marking tools....gel pens, sharpies, markers, watercolor crayons, colored pencils...just whatever you have.
6. Ephemera....old maps (yup, this is a journey, ledger paper, collage sheets of old photos and other images. decorated paper. So many people have contacted me and have purchased my Collage Packs...now would be a good time to use it.
7. Ink pads ( I use Ranger Adirondack)
8. Masking Tape...my new favorite design element (also helps to make my pages sturdy)
9. Paint Brushes
10. Glue Stick or other glue.
Hopefully most of this stuff you will have on hand. I am learning to use what I have (which is one of the things I will address in my new journal) We'll see how well it goes :)
I hope you'll join me....heck, maybe it will keep me on track!! I just know that this has to be done for me. A quest to "Find Ophelia"
Until next time,